Cream Cheese Lemon Squares
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Cakes, Cookies, Candy and More,
Piquant and tangy lemon is the star of these squares. Popular to serve at large gatherings, the unique cream cheese topping makes this an especially irresistible treat.
Makes 20 squares.
Baking time: 35 minutes
- For the topping, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- For the crust, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream butter and Stevita in a bowl until fluffy, then beat in 1 cup all-purpose flour until coarse crumbs form.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8” x 8” x 2 baking pan and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- For the filling, beat eggs and Stevita together in a bowl while crust bakes. Add melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract and mix until combined.
- Pour filling on top of hot crust and bake again at 350°F until lemon filling sets, about 20 minutes.
- While the filling is still hot, spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 109 CALORIES; 9G TOTAL FAT; 2G PROTEIN; 6G CARBOHYDRATE FOOD EXCHANGES: 1/2 STARCH; 1 1/2 FAT