Cup of Joe Cappuccino Ice Cream
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts,
If you’re an iced coffee fan you’ll love this cappuccino ice cream. The hint of cocoa powder enhances the coffee flavor and makes it better than any ice cream you can buy at the supermarket. Consider drizzling on some Chocolate Sauce or Hot Fudge Sauce for a mocha-style makeover.
Makes 8 servings.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and set aside. Combine the Stevita, instant coffee crystals, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan, then gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until it begins to simmer, stirring continuously. Slowly pour 1 cup of the milk mixture into the beaten eggs, whisking all the while to avoid cooking them.
- Return the egg mixture to the hot milk mixture in the saucepan, then keep cooking and stirring over low heat until slightly thickened. Once slightly thickened, cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the half-and-half, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract until combined. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Churn and freeze according to ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 212 CALORIES; 18G TOTAL FAT; 6G PROTEIN; 8G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 3 1/2 FAT