Dreamy Chocolate Pudding
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Puddings & Custards,
Chocoholics rejoice! This creamy chocolate pudding is bound to satisfy your cravings every time.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking time: At least 4 minutes
Chill time: At least 2 hours
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl, then set aside. Mix Stevita, cornstarch, and cocoa powder in a heavy saucepan, then add milk and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour about 1 cup of hot milk mixture into the bowl of beaten egg yolks, whisking all the while to prevent them from cooking.
- Combine egg mixture with remaining hot milk mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir until nearly bubbly, but never bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in butter and vanilla extract. Pour pudding into a bowl, covering the surface with clear plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 255 CALORIES: 15G TOTAL FAT: 10G PROTEIN: 20G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1/2 STARCH: 1/2 LEAN MEAT: 2 1/2 FAT