Light and Luscious Tapioca
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Puddings & Custards,
This tapioca contrasts a grainy texture with silky smooth cream. Pair it with fresh fruit for extra brightness and sweetness.
Makes 6 servings.
- Mix 1 teaspoon Stevita Organic Blend with 1 tablespoon of nonfat powdered milk in a small bowl and set aside. Add Minute Tapioca mix, 2 teaspoons of Stevita Organic Blend, milk, and egg yolk to a medium saucepan and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- While tapioca mix stands, whip egg white in another bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add powdered milk mixture to the egg white, whipping until soft peaks form. When you lift the beaters, there should be a definite peak shape that loosens and melts after a few seconds. Do not over-beat.
- Cook the tapioca mixture over medium heat until it comes to a full boil, stirring continually. Remove from heat.
- Fold tapioca mixture into whipped egg whites until well blended, taking care to avoid deflating the egg whites.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into small dessert bowls and cool.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 87 CALORIES; 4G TOTAL FAT; 4G PROTEIN; 9G CARBOHYORATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1/2 STARCH; 0 FRUIT; 1/2 FAT