Pecan-coated Pecan Sandies
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Cakes, Cookies, Candy and More,
Great for holiday gatherings or just as a personal indulgence, these scrumptious, nutty cookies are a hit at any party!
Makes about 36 cookies.
Baking time: 20 minutes
- For the dough, preheat the oven to 325°F. Beat the butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-to-high speeds for 30 seconds.
- Add the half the flour, 4 teaspoons Stevita, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon water. Beat again until well combined.
- Beat in remaining flour and fold in 1 cup finely chopped pecans. Shape dough into crescents, 1-inch balls, or 2-inch rolls.
- For the coating, combine Stevita and pecans in a separate bowl. Press shaped dough into pecan mixture, covering the cookies completely, before placing on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 96 CALORIES; 7G TOTAL FAT; 1G PROTEIN; 7G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1/2 STARCH; 1 1/2 FAT