Sugar-free Lemon Meringue Pie
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Pies, Cobblers & other Desserts,
It’s exactly what you think it is. This Sugar-free Lemon Meringue Pie is just as sweet and tart as the original favorite without any additional sugar. When spreading the Meringue Topping over the pie, make sure to seal the edges and keep that precious golden lemon filling protected!
Makes 8 servings.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine water, lemon juice, Stevita, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute longer.
- Add 1 cup hot lemon juice mixture into the beaten eggs, whisking constantly to keep the eggs from cooking. Add egg mixture back to hot lemon juice mixture, continuing to stir to preserve the eggs.
- Cook the egg mixture over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in unsalted butter until melted. Pour mixture into Single-Crust Pastry shell and cover filling with Meringue Topping. Serve chilled.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 151 CALORIES; 8G TOTAL FAT; 3G PROTEIN; 16G CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1 STARCH; 1/2 LEAN MEAT; 1 1/2 FAT