Traditional Vanilla Pudding
Category All Desserts and Sweets, All Recipes, Puddings & Custards,
This classic dessert has an unbeatable cool, creamy, and light texture. Try adding some sour cream for extra tang, or using as a refrigerated pie filling!
Makes 6 servings.
Cooking time: At least 5 minutes
Chill time: At least 2 hours
- Beat eggs in a bowl, then set aside. Combine Stevita Organic Blend and cornstarch in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Add milk.
- Stir milk mixture continuously, cooking over medium heat until it’s thickened and bubbly. Keep cooking and stirring for 2 more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slowly pour about 1 cup of hot milk mixture into the bowl of beaten eggs, whisking all the while to prevent eggs from cooking.
- Combine egg mixture with remaining hot milk mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir until nearly bubbly, but never bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in butter and vanilla extract. Pour pudding into a bowl, covering the surface with clear plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (PER SERVING): 155 CALORIES; 9G TOTAL FAT; 8G PROTEIN; 1OG CARBOHYDRATE • FOOD EXCHANGES: 1/2 LEAN MEAT; 1 1/2 FAT
Sour Cream Vanilla Pudding
Prepare as above. After chilling, stir in one 8-ounce carton of dairy sour cream.